Words, like nature, half reveal and half conceal the soul within- Alfred Lord Tennyson

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Trends?


I wonder what George Orwell and Aldous Huxley would think about the extremely vast sea of dystopian novels/movies/tvshows/whatever that around today. In YA alone you have Divergent, Matched, and The Hunger Games. Those are just the first three series that come to mind. I don't know about Matched, but the other two are already having movie deals being made, the funny thing about that is Divergent has only been out for a few months. Seems like the new trend, I guess everyone (except me, check out a few posts ago) got tired of vampires. I wonder what the next trend will be... 
My guess is aliens. Or maybe aliens is a constant presence and everything else is only a trend. I mean you've got ID4, Race to Witch Mountain, Starman, Fire in the Sky, both versions of V, ET, everything to do with Superman, even the Transformers were aliens. They always seem to have been around. Well, hopefully not too close to your house, unless you enjoy that kind of thing. Now that I think about it, I wonder how my father would react if he saw a UFO, probably kind of how I would react if I was a unicorn. It would be a freak-out of enjoyment worthy of a million views on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! I love comments!